Monday, July 02, 2007

Main ek DISCO (I am a disco)

The 6.30 company bus and my team-mate for company. We were regular passengers and had decided to engage ourselves in comfortable 'sleeping and radio' than small talk. Of course we did the regular short discussion on everything from China, Veto nations, bikes, movies and sports.blah blah.... I almost had my ear phone plugged when he interrupted to help him find a "whacky" answer to "Why do you want to do an MBA?", an inevitable question for an MBA aspirant. And as if i hadn't heard that, I asked him back 'So Why do you want to do an MBA?'

He had a convincing answer. To summarize
1. He often found weird ways of looking at things.
2. He often liked to give wholistic solutions to problems.
3. He wanted to dapple in a variety of things and kill boredom from his life.

He wanted to become something like the manager for a team like Manchester United.Whoa...
He passionately spoke about how he wanted to give up this comfort and software drudgery and free himself from just writing code. I listened to him to and was carried away in the flow of his burning desire to do something in life....
I remarked 'Ki aag hain mujhme kaheen.' And we talked about how 99% people did'nt love their jobs.
And how we all ought to be doing something we would love doing for the rest of our lives.
I said, I frankly didn't know what was that for me.

We ended it there...I plugged my earphones....the music seemed noise....a hundred thoughts were playing soccer on my mind. These are some of them :

1. I'd had taken a risk too..I was brave. But I didn't know what was IT for me.
2. Why did I take a convenient sit-back in software?
3. Work is everything. For some,(maybe me) it was a way to be able to do everything else we wanted.
4. Isn't it all about priority? What's mine?
I remember once buddy had asked me "What is that you want from life?"
It still echos ' I want to be happy, That's it.' I had said. Was it that simple?
5. Thought about my CEO friend. She loved her work. My dad. He did too.
6. The purpose of my life struck me...My singaporean "alchemist" friend came to my mind...
She had said " We are all here with a purpose." What was mine?
7. Did I want to be writing all my life? all my life?

Sigh. So many thoughts. No answers.

Was I getting influenced by Haruki Murakami? I just completed his "Dance Dance Dance.'
"Dance. As long as the music plays", the book said.

Dancing to life's tunes, am I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home